Secondary school assemblies
Explore our suggested assemblies for high schools on global themes for 2017. Download our 2016/17 secondary school planner for more resource ideas throughout the year.
We provide secondary school assemblies for busy teachers to download and use with KS3/4 and Post-16 students. Our assembly ideas for international days, liturgical feasts and collective worship throughout 2017 can help you to plan a great range of assemblies for your school.
Find even more secondary school assemblies by using the filter at the bottom of the page.
Assembly ideas for 2017
- Fairtrade Fortnight: Fairtrade liturgy
- Ash Wednesday: Ash Wednesday assembly
- Lent Fast Day: Lent Fast Day assembly
- World Book Day: The gift of reading assembly
- Flame national youth event: Flame films
- International Day of Happiness: Fullness of life film
- World Water Day: Water liturgy and resources
- Anniversary of Blessed Oscar Romero’s death: Oscar Romero film
- Lent: Stations of the Cross
- International Day of Sport for Development and Peace: Sport and peace films
- Earth Day: Laudato Si’ animation
- World Environment Day: Climate resources
- World Refugee Week: Refugee resources
- Pentecost: Pentecost assembly
- World Day of Prayer for Creation: Laudato Si’ animation
- Back to school: Aspire liturgy
- International Day of Peace: Peace liturgy
- Education Sunday: Refugee crisis resources
- Harvest Fast Day: Harvest Brighten Up! assembly
- World Food Day: Food films
- International Day for the Eradication of Poverty: Harvest Fast Day action resources
- World Toilet Day: World Toilet Day assembly
- National Youth Sunday: Resources available in Autumn
- Advent: Advent calendar
- International Day of Migrants: Hunger cloth film
- International Human Solidarity Day: Solidarity film
- Christmas: World Gifts resources
We have many more resources to support global learning, including resources to support 11-14 and GCSE RE. Find lesson plans, PowerPoints, films and activities by using the filter below.