Secondary school assemblies
Explore our suggested assemblies on global themes for 2016 - 2017. Download our 2016/17 school planner for more resource ideas throughout the year.
We provide assemblies for key international days and liturgical feasts, ready for you to download and use with your students. Month-by-month, we can help you plan a great series of assemblies and save you lots of preparation time.
Find even more assemblies by using the filter at the bottom of the page.
For staff! Share this PowerPoint with staff in your school for an overview of CAFOD's education work. Ideal for NQTs and new teachers.
- World Day of Prayer for Creation: Laudato Si’ animation
- Back to school: Aspire liturgy
- International Day of Peace: Peace liturgy
- Education Sunday: Refugee crisis resources
- Harvest Fast Day: Harvest Brighten Up! assembly
- World Food Day: Food films
- International Day for the Eradication of Poverty: Harvest Fast Day action resources
- World Toilet Day: World Toilet Day assembly
- End of the Jubilee Year of Mercy: Year of Mercy assembly resources
- National Youth Sunday: Year of Mercy resources
- Advent: Advent calendar
- International Day of Migrants: Hunger cloth film
- International Human Solidarity Day: Solidarity film
- Christmas: World Gifts resources
- Ash Wednesday: Ash Wednesday assembly
- Lent Fast Day: Lent Fast Day assembly
- Fairtrade Fortnight: Fairtrade liturgy
- World Book Day: The gift of reading assembly
- Flame national yoth event: Flame films
- International Day of Happiness: Fullness of life film
- World Water Day: Water liturgy and resources
- Anniversary of Blessed Oscar Romero’ death: Oscar Romero film
- Easter: Stations of the Cross
- International Day of Sport for Development and Peace: Sport and peace films
- Earth Day: Laudato Si’ animation
- World Environment Day: Climate resources
- World Refugee Week: Refugee resources
- Pentecost: Pentecost assembly
We have many more resources to support global learning, including resources to support 11-14 and GCSE RE. Find lesson plans, PowerPoints, films and activities by using the filter below.