Water Droplet Trail
As you take your daily walks and exercise, walk with a purpose and walk for water.
Join CAFOD’s Water Droplet Trail and show how even though we are apart, we are still all connected.
How do we join the Water Droplet Trail?
- As a class, school or family, download the water droplet template so everybody taking part has one.
- Each person fills in the water droplet or draw and decorate your own! Don't forget to include 'I'm walking for water with CAFOD'.
- Put your water droplet in a window that can be seen from outside your building.
- When you go out for a walk in the area, look out for other people displaying the CAFOD water droplet! How many can you find?
Who are we helping?
Every time you spot one of the CAFOD water droplets displayed in windows around your community, think of people like Abdul and Mohammed in Ethiopia. The steps you take on your walk could help communities like theirs have access to clean water.
Abdul and Mohammed live in the Afar region of Ethiopia. It is one of the hottest places on Earth. Water is scarce, and Abdul and Mohammed’s cousin Abdella makes a five-hour round trip twice a day so that everyone has enough to wash with and to drink.
How can my walking raise money?
There are many ways you can use the water droplet trail to help our global neighbours:
- Count how many water droplets you find – donate some money for each one.
- Set a challenge for how far your family can walk, or a target for how much you can raise.
- You could get friends and family to sponsor your Water Droplet Trail walk – how many days can you do it for? How far can you go?
How can I donate?
- Donate online
- Set up a JustGiving page to collect sponsorship money for your walking and track your progress.
- Text CAFOD to 70480 to donate £5
Texts cost £5 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS. If you’d like to give £5 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text CAFODNOINFO to 70480. Read our text giving FAQs for more information.