Speak out this Lent
Give a short talk at Mass in your parish or run an assembly in your school. You'll inspire people to raise money to support those living in poverty around the world.
Here are our top tips for speaking out for CAFOD to get you started!
- Don’t panic!
- practise. Practise builds confidence, so the more you practise, the more confident you will feel
- you could time yourself, or record yourself and listen back
- arrive with plenty of time to spare. Take a bottle of water with you – sometimes nerves can make you feel dry-mouthed
- speak clearly and not too quickly
- elevate your voice to make sure people at the back of the room can hear you well
- remember your body language – 50% of what we say is non-verbal
- engage your audience with a smile and maintain regular eye contact
- keep your message clear and concise – and speak from your motivation!
- learn the first 2-3 sentences and the ending by heart.