Brazilian black bean stew
Use our recipe to make a delicious black bean stew, straight from Brazil!
- 250g black beans, either soaked over night or tinned
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped in 1cm pieces
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ ground cumin
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil for cooking
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by sweating off your onion and garlic in a little oil until softened.
- After a minute or two add your carrot and celery, continue to cook on a low heat until all softened slightly.
- Then add you dry spices, cook for about minute until fragrant.
- After this, add your tomato puree and cook for a further minute.
- Then add your beans, vegetable stock and red wine vinegar.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the beans are slightly breaking down, this will take longer if they are the soaked beans.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, the serve!