Sri Lankan milk toffee (kiri aluwa)
See if you can make this amazing milk toffee (kiri aluwa) from Sri Lanka.
- 125ml water
- 220g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 30g unsalted butter
- 50g unsalted cashews, chopped
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- Place 125ml water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar dissolves then stir in condensed milk and butter.
- Cook, stirring, for 15 minutes or until the mixture is light golden.
- Stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Cool then spread evenly into a deep baking tray.
- Using a knife, score mixture into squares and set aside for 1 hour.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Global Family Food event
This Harvest CAFOD is holding a Global Family Food event on Saturday 10 October and we would love for you to join us. If you can't join our event, you could set up your own! We have more recipe ideas to help you get started.