Hot Cross Bun Shortbread
Enjoy our Hot Cross Bun Shortbread recipe this Easter!
- 300g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 200g butter
- 30g raisins finely chopped
- 30g mixed peel finely chopped
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- Extra caster sugar for dusting
For the crosses
- 80g white chocolate buttons or 80g icing sugar with water to a pourable consistency
- Heat the oven to 170C fan, 190C no fan or gas mark 5.
- Beat together the sugar and butter until pale.
- Add all your dry ingredients and fruit.
- Mix until combined.
- Let it rest in the fridge for 15 minutes until it is not too soft to work with.
- Using a rolling pin roll out to about 1cm thick.
- Cut out biscuits using a round cutter size of your choice.
- Bake for 12 minutes until slightly golden.
- Place onto cooling rack and dust with sugar.
- Once cool decorate with crosses using either white chocolate or icing.