Roasted tomato and basil soup
Try our delicious roasted tomato and basil soup!
- 1 kg large tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 600ml of vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C.
- Chop tomatoes and onion, squash garlic cloves and place all onto a baking tray.
- Drizzle olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper on top.
- Place in the oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour scrape the ingredients into a pot and add the stock and the basil.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve with crusty bread!