Summer of Hope
This summer, turn your fundraising event into an action of hope.
By raising money for CAFOD, you will help to ensure clean water and food reaches some of the poorest families in the world during this global emergency.
What can I do for the Summer of Hope?
Recreate at home the events you will miss this summer, and have fun transforming them into a sign of hope while raising money for CAFOD’s Coronavirus Appeal.
- School sports day cancelled? Hold one in your back garden!
- Be sponsored to do your daily walk with an egg and spoon!
- Summer fair postponed? Play ‘guess the sweets in the jar’ or ‘treasure hunt’ online!
- Missing out on a summer BBQ? Get together on Zoom and charge for cooking tips!
- Missing the Olympics? Walk, cycle, jump, run an Olympic distance and be sponsored.
- Not able to go camping with friends? Donate what you would have paid to travel to the campsite.
Missing your local pub quiz?
Join the CAFOD Summer of Hope Family quiz on Friday 7 August at 6.30pm.
However you celebrate the summer, make it hopeful and give what you can to help us provide care and sanitation to the most vulnerable people across the world.
How can I get involved?
1. Find your activity in our A-Z of fundraising ideas.
2. Start collecting sponsors and set up your JustGiving page.
3. Hold your socially-distanced event with your family, school community or parish.
4. Tag your photos with @cafod and #summerofhope on social media.
Our progress so far
Thank you to all our supporters for their amazing support so far! We have raised £61,814 from our target of £100,000 to provide clean water and food to those who desperately need it.
What your donation can buy
Buy a hygiene pack
£6 can buy a hygiene package for vulnerable family containing soap, washing powder and reusable face masks.Donate £6
Provide education for a child
£12 can buy text books, exercise books and pencils for a child to continue their education despite school closures.Donate £12
Buy PPE for a clinic
£127 can provide personal protective equipment at a health clinic or hospital.Donate £127