Green energy from Ecotricity
The world’s first green electricity company, Ecotricity, will donate up to £60 to CAFOD every time a CAFOD supporter switches to them.
“We all need to make practical changes to reduce our carbon footprint. I switched to Ecotricity 13 years ago and have no regrets. Switching energy supplier is an easy way to show care for creation.” – Judith, CAFOD supporter, Norfolk
Who are Ecotricity?
Ecotricity is a UK-based company and the world’s first green electricity company. Their mission is to change the way electricity is made and used in Britain. Ecotricity offers a single tariff for gas and electricity, with 100% renewable electricity and gas that is frack-free. With no shareholders to pay, Ecotricity’s profits go back into their mission - meaning that they use their customers’ energy bills to fund the building of new sources of green energy – what the company calls ‘bills into mills.’
That’s not all though - they not only build new energy from the wind and the sun, they’re securing the future of green energy by developing energy storage, supporting the EV revolution with the Electric Highway, a national network of electric car charge points, and they even turned their local football club, Forest Green Rovers, into the greenest football club in the world. These are just some of the reasons why we’ve worked with Ecotricity since 2013.
In 2017 Ecotricity was the Citizens’ Advice Bureau’s top-rated energy company, beating the ‘big six’ on customer satisfaction.
Why should I switch to renewable, green energy?
- You can power your home with energy from Ecotricity, no matter where you live in the U.K.
- Using green energy reduces your carbon footprint
- Using Ecotricity means funding sustainable energy projects in Britain
- You get the greenest energy available in Britain bar none
- Ecotricity’s ethical pricing policy means you always get their latest best price, no matter how you pay or when you switched – with no exit fees or penalties
How do I make the switch?
To open an account and take advantage of Ecotricity's partnership with CAFOD, follow this link to the Ecotricity website or call 0808 123 0123 and quote CAFOD*
Why have CAFOD partnered with Ecotricity?
We’ve seen the devastating effects of climate change on communities around the world, and firmly believe that we need to prevent climate change. Ecotricity provides a practical way to reduce our carbon footprint and helps many people to live simply, sustainably and in solidarity with the world's poorest people.
Switching also generates a donation to CAFOD which allows us to reach even more people in need around the world.
Please note that Ecotricity is not part of the Warm Home Discount Scheme, which offers discounts on energy bills for older customers, and low income and vulnerable households.
Read more about Ecotricity and the Warm Home Discount Scheme.
* Anyone who wishes to become an Ecotricity customer in conjunction with the offer must use the following link to the Ecotricity website or call 0808 123 0123 and quoting CAFOD. Only by using this specific URL or quoting CAFOD on the phone will CAFOD be able receive the donation.