Terms and conditions: The CAFOD Spring Raffle 2021
- The Spring Raffle 2021 is open to all mainland Great Britain residents over the age of 18 (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses according to Gambling Act 2005 regulations).
- Participation in this raffle costs £1 per raffle ticket.
- No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 years.
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18 he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and the stake will be returned.
- All winners are required to co-operate with CAFOD’s right to publish their win as and where deemed appropriate, including providing a photograph, quotation and proof of age when requested.
- Employees in CAFOD’s Fundraising and Supporter Relations teams, and members of their households, are not eligible to enter this raffle. Any tickets bought in the name of CAFOD Fundraising and Supporter Relations employees will be rejected from the draw and considered as donations to CAFOD.
- All proceeds from this raffle will be used for the charitable purposes of CAFOD, Registered Charity No 1160384.
- All online response handling activities are being externally managed on behalf of CAFOD by CFP Lottery and Raffles Ltd.
- CAFOD is registered with the Gambling Commission to operate this raffle, licence number 000-042347-N-321733-001. This licence is issued under Part 5 of the Gambling Act 2005.
- If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133. The helpline operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. You can also visit the GambleAware website begambleaware.org for more information and advice.
- If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries, please go to gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
- Requests to be removed from future raffle mailings, or concerns about this raffle, should be addressed to CAFOD, Romero House, 55 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JB or by calling 0303 303 3030.
- In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the raffle in any way, the organisers reserve the right to administer the raffle as though the error had not occurred. Where the organisers deem it appropriate and/or feasible CAFOD will notify entrants of the error.
- Names of winners and results of the raffle will be available on receipt of a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
- CAFOD has a raffle policy which sets out our procedures for keeping out crime, ensuring our draws are fair and open, encouraging responsible gambling and protecting children and vulnerable people.
Spring Raffle 2021 Rules
- Entries must be received by 4 May 2021.
- Late entries will be treated as donations.
- The draw for the Spring Raffle 2021 will take place on 18 May 2021.
- Eight raffle tickets will be drawn randomly.
- Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. A list of winners will also be published on the Raffleplayer website two weeks after the draw date. Please keep the ticket number as record of proof of purchase.
- The buyer of the first ticket number drawn will receive £4,000.
- The buyer of the second ticket number drawn will receive £1,500.
- The buyer of the third ticket number drawn will receive £500.
- The 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th ticket numbers drawn will each receive £100.
- The result of the raffle draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The draw will be conducted by utilising a Random Number Generator that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third party test house. The blind draw will be conducted by hand witnessed by 2 independent observers. The results of the draw are final.
- Based upon the number of entries in our raffles during 2019 the average the chance of winning a prize for a single ticket is approximately 1 in 12,074
- Of the £271,806.32 received in ticket sales in 2019, just 29% went on expenses, 5% on prizes and a fantastic 66% came back to CAFOD to fund our vital work.
- If a prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made by CAFOD to contact the winner, then CAFOD will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it thinks fit, including by re-offering the prize in future raffles. The winner has one month after notification to claim the prize.
- CAFOD accepts no responsibility for raffle tickets which are lost, damaged, illegible, or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- In order to promote responsible gambling, it is recommended that no more than 20 chances are to be purchased per person for the Spring Raffle 2021.
- To enter the online raffle an entrant must self-certify that they are the required age to play. A confirmation email will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation. Random age verification checks are carried out at regular intervals. If an entrant is found to be under the required age their payment will be returned and they will not be entered into the draw.
- Entries must not be bought on behalf of somebody else.
- Material changes to this raffle are not predicted to happen, but in the event that this occurs you will be notified by email 14 days in advance of any changes.
- Payment for participation in the raffle can be made by cheque payable to CAFOD, debit card or cash.
- Raffle tickets will be entered into the draw when the whole payment is received.
Fast Reply Draw Terms and Conditions
- The Fast Reply draw is only open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees and agents of CAFOD (including immediate families or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion).
- Only one entry per household.
- Only available for addresses in mainland UK (exc. N.Ireland).
- All tickets for the Fast Reply draw must be received no later than 22 January 2021.
- 30 winners of the Fast Reply draw will be drawn at random from entries received by an independent person.
- All winners will be notified by post or telephone within 14 days of the closing date.
- The promoter takes no responsibility for entries that are lost or delayed and will not accept entries that are spoilt or incomplete. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt. Entries shall not be returned.
- All copyright in any entry and this prize draw automatically remains and vests in the promoter.
- Winners will receive a Divine Chocolate Tasting Set. There is no cash alternative.