Terms and Conditions
Use of CAFOD's websites and social media platforms is provided by CAFOD subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- CAFOD reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to CAFOD are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will CAFOD be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- CAFOD tries to ensure that the website is up-to-date and functioning well. However CAFOD does not warrant that the functions and the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- CAFOD takes no responsibility for the content of external websites.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
CAFOD has an official social media profile on the following platforms:
CAFOD uses these platforms to share the work we do to support people affected by poverty.
But most importantly we see social media platforms as places where we encourage our followers to join in constructive discussions, share their experiences and comment on a variety of issues we work to resolve.
Although we welcome different opinions and ideas, we want to make sure that the social media platforms we share content on remain a safe, open and friendly space where anyone feels they can express their opinion and contribute to a given debate. For this reason any comment that we consider to be harassing, offensive or that might insult or cause hurt to other people will not be tolerated.
We reserve the right to delete or remove any comment or post that:
• includes language that is viewed as racist, sexist, homophobic or discriminatory of any person’s religion, nationality, disability or upbringing, or is otherwise discriminatory in any way
• contains obscenity, blasphemy or language that may cause offence
• is abusive in tone or encourages violence or hatred
• comprises a personal attack on any individual
• promotes anti-social behaviour
• includes distressing videos or images
• attempts to promote or sell products or events not associated with CAFOD
• is viewed as spam
We reserve the right to block, ban or report to the relevant authority, without warning, any individual who persistently violates these guidelines.