Support us in your parish community
When you volunteer in your parish, you have the chance to enable your parish community to take action for global justice.
I find that my volunteering with CAFOD has given new impetus to my engagement with my church community, better understanding of the needs of those in poverty and distress, and a wonderful sense of purpose in being able to put the Gospel into practice. Even busy parents can do this!
Anne-Marie McBrien, Portsmouth diocese
Parish Volunteers act bring together CAFOD and parishes. You will mobilise activities in your parish, promoting Fast Days and raising awareness for campaigns. You will advocate for CAFOD’s efforts and ensure that they are upheld in prayer. You will help make CAFOD’s global work fighting poverty and enacting social justice translate to a local level for your parishioners to participate.
How does this help us?
We need people to help us raise awareness for and carryout CAFOD campaigns. Without Parish Volunteers, we lose our ability to spread our message locally, inhibiting our ability to help others.
What skills do I need?
- An interest in and passion for CAFOD’s mission
- Communication skills
- An ability to motivate and encourage
What will I gain?
- Improved communication and leadership skills
- Friendships in your parish and diocese with people who share your passion and commitment
- Participation in a global movement of people building a fairer world
Training and Support
- CAFOD staff will be available to guide and support over email, phone, or face-to-face
- Training sessions and opportunities to expand your network
- Many updates on CAFOD current events and communication about CAFOD’s global impact