Do you like sharing good news and stories about CAFOD's work overseas? Want a chance to build on your public speaking skills? You would be most welcome to join our volunteer speaking team.
I always find these stories at Fast Day so powerful as they really bring to life how CAFOD’s work is changing lives
Jed Murphy, Volunteer Speaker, Southwark Diocese
As a Volunteer Speaker, you will deliver pre-scripted talks to your parish and other parishes about CAFOD’s efforts, specifically during the Lent and Harvest Fast Day campaigns. You will use your voice to inspire parishioners with stories from those we work with overseas. You will ignite your audience’s spark for a global justice and raise awareness for those struggling across the world. You will be able to work with parish priests and their parishes to encourage and help them make a real difference.
How does this help us?
We cannot spread the word about CAFOD’s Fast Day campaigns without someone telling the stories of our brothers and sisters in other countries. Without Volunteer Speakers, we lose our ability to educate and inspire people to work for change.
What skills do I need?
- A passion for CAFOD’s work fighting for end poverty
- Public and personal speaking skills
- Being comfortable talking to potential and current volunteers
What will I gain?
- You will have the opportunity to further develop and practice your communication skills
- You will get to know other parishes and be more involved in your wider diocese
Training and support
- Training workshops and courses to cultivate an understanding of CAFOD and to develop speaking skills
- CAFOD will help you form your talk and keep you informed with briefings and other forms of personal communication
- Travel and other reasonable expenses paid