Simple plastic free tips
Going plastic free is a global movement of people who decide to take the pledge of reducing our single-use plastic consumption for a whole week, month or even longer, as well as educating ourselves on ways to be more sustainable and reduce waste and pollution in our daily lives.
There are many things we can all do to live without so much plastic, and most of them are very easy to do and require practically no effort.
Here are some simple tips for going plastic free
- Carry reusable shopping bags like tote bags instead of plastic carrier bags.
- Avoid food packaged in single-use plastic.
- Carry reusable utensils and glass drinking straws.
- Cut out soft drinks, juices and other beverages in plastic bottles.
- Carry your own containers for takeaway food and leftovers.
- Carry a stainless steel travel mug or water bottle at all times for coffee and other drinks while away from home.
- Choose lotions and lip balms in plastic-free containers.
We hope these simple tips will help you get the best out of your Go Green challenge and beyond without plastic.