How to fundraise for CAFOD
During this time of physical isolation, we cannot meet up in person, but there are lots of things we can do to continue to raise money for those in need.
Head over to our A to Z of fundraising for loads of ideas, and keep your eyes on our social media posts for info on how to fundraise for CAFOD from home.
Follow these simple steps to help you fundraise for CAFOD - whether you're doing an event at home and letting your friends know or setting up something online with JustGiving!
Keen to get started straight away? Set up your Justgiving page today!
Step 1: Choose your event
- You can do absolutely anything to raise funds for CAFOD, there are loads of ideas on our A-Z of fundraising page.
Step 2: Ask for help
- Don’t be shy to ask friends and family for help. It’s easy for people to get involved online, and remember people are looking for things to do.
- Get in touch with CAFOD to let us know what is happening. Email a local contact or email Events@cafod.org.uk
- If you need some inspiration, have a read through our A-Z of fundraising ideas
Step 3: Set a target
- Decide how much you want to raise and set up a Justgiving page with this target.
- Think about how you can hit your target.
- Keep careful track of money coming in and out so that you don’t spend more than you make. Try not to spend more than £1 for every £4 raised. Get in touch if you’d like advice before committing to any costs – we’re here to help!
Step 4: Promote your event
- Once your plans are in place, spread the word. The more people who know about your fundraising, the more money you can raise!
- Use our top ten ideas to get your event noticed!
Step 5: Make your event safe
- There are a few things you need to keep an eye on while planning your event. Some of these factors are less important with virtual events, but are still worth looking at!
- Check our advice page to make sure your event is both legal and safe.
Step 6: Send in your money
- Online – through justgiving.com or cafod.org.uk/give
- By phone – call 0303 303 3030 to make a payment with a debit card.
- By post – make your cheque out to CAFOD and send it to: Romero House, 55 Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7JB
- Remembering your - sponsorship form, collection envelopes or gift aid declaration slips.
A personal thank you
If you want to thank a particularly generous or helpful person who supported your fundraising, please email email@example.com and we can send out a personalised letter.