Love is Civic and Political: Our Faith and the Common Good
2 November 2019
0303 303 3030
Our Lady’s Parish
From Trump to Brexit to climate, politics is everywhere. But when should we pray from the sidelines and when should we roll up our sleeves?
The Church here and around the world has a proud history of encouraging Catholics’ political reflection and action. With amazing results.
At this CAFOD day, we’ll explore the links between faith and politics.
Join us and reflect on Scripture and Church teaching. Be inspired by others and CAFOD’s campaigning and work overseas.
Faith in Action Days
Saturday 2nd November
- Southwark: Romero House, Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7JB, 1-am-4pm. Please bring something for a shared lunch.
- Shrewsbury: Savio House, Ingersley Rd, Bollington, Macclesfield SK10 5RW, 10am-4pm. Please bring vegetarian food to share.
- Birmingham: St. Paul's Convent, 94 Selly Park Rd, Birmingham B29 7LL, 10am-4pm. Soup and roll provided for lunch.
- Middlesbrough: Our Lady’s Parish, Cornlands Road, Acomb, York YO24 3DX, 10am-4pm. Please bring something for a shared lunch.
Saturday 9th November
- Liverpool: Sandymount House of Prayer, 16 Burbo Bank Rd, Blundellsands, Crosby, Liverpool L23 6TH, 10am-4pm. Soup and roll provided for lunch.
- Plymouth: Buckfast Abbey, Buckfast Abbey, Buckfastleigh TQ11 0EE, 10am-4pm. Soup and roll provided for lunch.
Saturday 16th November
- Brentwood/East Anglia: Clare Priory, Clare, Sudbury CO10 8NX, 10am-4pm. Soup and roll provided for lunch.
- Cardiff/Menevia: Location TBC. Lunch arrangements to be confirmed.
Saturday 23rd November
- Arundel & Brighton: Location TBC. Lunch arrangements to be confirmed.
- Hallam: Bamford Quaker Community, Water Ln, Hope Valley S33 0DA, 10am-4pm. Lunch arrangements to be confirmed.
Saturday 30th November
- Wesminster: CAFOD Westminster Volunteer Centre Catholic, Church of Christ the King, Ist Floor. 29 Bramley Road, London N14 4HE. Bread, Cheese and Fruit provided with donations welcome.
- Wrexham: Loreto Centre, Abbey Rd, Llandudno LL30 2EL, 10am-4pm. Lunch arrangements to be confirmed.