Become a livesimply award community
The livesimply award is an opportunity for Catholic communities - parishes, schools, religious orders and chaplaincies - to respond to Pope Francis’ invitation in Laudato Si' to “work with generosity and tenderness in protecting this world which God has entrusted to us”.
What is the livesimply award?
It is awarded to communities who can show how they have been living:
• in solidarity with people in poverty
• sustainably with creation.
Some livesimply award communities have encouraged people to walk or cycle to church or school, install solar panels, start recycling schemes, join a climate change campaign, support Fairtrade stalls or donate to a local food bank. The award celebrates what you have already done and inspires you to do more. It helps your community to live, not just more simply, but also more fully.
How can we apply for a livesimply award?
“An important part of our faith is to care for creation and to develop respect for other people in the world. Becoming a livesimply parish helps you go deeper and to take action.”
Paul Kelly, St Joseph's parish, Lancaster diocese
- Sign up using the form below to express your interest.
- Next, develop a simple plan, using this action plan template, based on current activities and new projects you’d like to undertake, and send it to CAFOD. When we receive your form, we will send you a livesimply award registration certificate to display in your community.
- We’ll support you with an email group, resources and the opportunity to share ideas and experience.
- When you’re ready, let us know and we’ll come and visit your community, find out what you’ve been doing and help you celebrate and share your achievements.
Check out our step-by-step guide or sign up below to get started.
You need the backing of your parish priest or head teacher, and a small enthusiastic group to encourage people to get started.
Any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Livesimply sign up form
Livesimply award communities
Arundel and Brighton Diocese
St Mary of the Angels, Worthing
Holy Angels, Ash
St Mary's, Harborne
St Peter's, Leamington Spa
St. John's, Tamworth
Newman University, Birmingham
Sacred Heart, Rugby
Cathedral Parish of St Mary and St Helen, Brentwood
Our Lady of the Rosary and St Patrick, Walthamstow
Knights of Saint Columba Council 192, Southend-on-Sea
St Stanislaus, Dulverton
St Bonaventure, Bristol
St Francis, Nailsea
East Anglia Diocese
Our Lady’s Parish, Stowmarket
St Laurence, Cambridge
St Henry Morse, Diss
St John the Baptist Cathedral, Norwich
Hexham and Newcastle Diocese
All Saints, Newcastle
St Josephs Ansdell, Lytham St Anne’s
Our Lady and St Edwards Fulwood, Preston
St Benedict’s, Garforth
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Nursery and Primary School, Southport
St Anne's, Ormskirk
Christ the King (Holy Family Parish), Kinson (Bournemouth)
St. John Bosco, Woodley
St Joseph, Havant
Hampshire Downs, Winchester
Our Lady and St Edmund, Abingdon
Our Lady of Lourdes, Lee
St James the Great, Petts Wood
St Augustine's, Tunbridge Wells
Our Lady Immaculate Hitchin
St John Vianney, West Green, Tottenham
Sacred Heart of Jesus and St Joseph, Ware
Holy Apostles, Pimlico